What is a communication portal?
A communication portal is a service that allows individuals, businesses, schools and government agencies to share information from diverse sources using unified communications (UC) media.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Features of a communication portal can include:
- Call answering and disconnect
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Call holding
- Caller identification
- Capability for voice-enabled e-mail
- Contact whitelisting and blacklisting
- Ability to dial any number in a document or message
- Dynamic contact availability and status displays
- Automatically updated address book
- Messaging shortcuts for favored contacts
- Ability to set up and modify conference calls
- Detailed messaging and contact histories
- Compatibility with all popular Web browsers
- Compatibility among multiple service providers.
Continue Reading About communication portal
Dig Deeper on Unified Communications Integration and Interoperability