What is a communication portal?
A communication portal is a service that allows individuals, businesses, schools and government agencies to share information from diverse sources using unified communications (UC) media.
Features of a communication portal can include:
- Call answering and disconnect
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Call holding
- Caller identification
- Capability for voice-enabled e-mail
- Contact whitelisting and blacklisting
- Ability to dial any number in a document or message
- Dynamic contact availability and status displays
- Automatically updated address book
- Messaging shortcuts for favored contacts
- Ability to set up and modify conference calls
- Detailed messaging and contact histories
- Compatibility with all popular Web browsers
- Compatibility among multiple service providers.
Continue Reading About communication portal
'communication portal' is part of the:
View All Definitions
Dig deeper on Unified Communications Integration and Interoperability