What is a communication portal?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
A communication portal is a service that allows individuals, businesses, schools and government agencies to share information from diverse sources using unified communications (UC) media.
Features of a communication portal can include:
- Call answering and disconnect
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Call holding
- Caller identification
- Capability for voice-enabled e-mail
- Contact whitelisting and blacklisting
- Ability to dial any number in a document or message
- Dynamic contact availability and status displays
- Automatically updated address book
- Messaging shortcuts for favored contacts
- Ability to set up and modify conference calls
- Detailed messaging and contact histories
- Compatibility with all popular Web browsers
- Compatibility among multiple service providers.