Steve Campbell performs IT consulting services in the telepresence, video conferencing and network services infrastructure areas. He has over 21 years of IT experience with Beckman Coulter Inc. As Director of Network Services for a 10,000 employee global enterprise, he was responsible for managing the global LAN/WAN, telephony, video, email, SharePoint and document management services.
Prior to working in IT, Steve held various positions within the engineering department of Coulter Electronics Inc., and became a co-inventor on two US patents for blood analyzer electronic circuits. He previously worked as a Field Applications Engineering Manager for semiconductor-maker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD); worked as a manufacturer's sales representative for Conley & Associates in Central Florida; and was an Electronics Design Engineer with Lockheed Aircraft Corporation in Atlanta, Ga. He holds Bachelor Electrical Engineering and Masters of Science Electrical Engineering degrees from Georgia Tech in Atlanta.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Stephen K. Campbell
- How can IT measure the call rate for an endpoint?
- How do you calculate the bandwidth of a mobile video conference?
- How can I negotiate the best price from my video vendor?
- Is Polycom HDX Series or Group Series the better investment?
- Mobile and desktop video conference preparation
- What is a concierge video service?
- Differences between Web, audio and video conferencing
- HD video vs. HDMI video connector: Are they the same?
- Can I switch between a built-in and external webcam?
- Can I share my webcam with multiple programs at once?
- When should you use an external webcam?
- What is the SVC Codec and how is it used?
- Can you define unified communications?
- Is high-definition video conferencing secure?